Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #72
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB28 + slaveflash" Previous topic | Next topic
Johan Basic MemberWed 27-Jun-01 04:00 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB28 + slaveflash"

Hi
maybe stupid question... how to setup the SB28 with a slaveflash? I cant use 3d metering with the flash (or can I?) so should I put in TTL mode and then use it as normal.. will this produce good exposure? I thought that I put a question here before I proceed with try & error method
Best regards
Johan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberWed 27-Jun-01 11:30 PM
34326 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB28 + slaveflash"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-01 AT 01:36 AM (GMT)

If I am understanding correctly, if you want to use ther SB-28 as a slave, triggered by a built-in unit, you could use 3D metering and TTL if with a SU-4.
If not, then check the ISO speed (it is set automatically to 100, adjust accordingly if needed).
Now, if you want to use the SB-28 mounted on your camera and another flash as a slave, then you have to decide which one you want to be your dominant light source, then adjust the settings on the slave flash accordingly.
Sorry I have to run elsewhere right now; if insufficiently clear ... I'll be back
Have a great time
JRP (Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert)
My profile
Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians:
A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

mreich Basic MemberTue 31-Jul-01 09:59 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 1 camera mounted SB26 + 1 SB-26 slaveflash"
In response to Reply # 1

I am trying to use my F100 with 2 SB-26 flash units. The slave is mounted on a SU-4. The slave flash is firing however, I can't get the light right to properly illuminate the subjects hair from the top. Any suggestions?

Johnny Basic MemberWed 01-Aug-01 12:23 PM
1038 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 1 camera mounted SB26 + 1 SB-26 slaveflash"
In response to Reply # 2

Westampton, US

Check the angle of your hairlight (slave flash). Make sure it is at an angle so that your camera will pick it up. Also make sure both your SU-4 and your slave SB-26 are not in slave mode at the same time. I'm sure that could foul things up.

Johnny

Johnny

---
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #72 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.