nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #659
View in linear mode

Subject: "help with F3 Hp flash cable issue..." Previous topic | Next topic
meforrest Basic MemberWed 28-Nov-01 01:51 AM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"help with F3 Hp flash cable issue..."

iam throughly stumped... after flogging the archives and other lists to come to some kind of understanding regarding the type of nikon flash gun to utilize 'off camera' with my F3HP...

my needs are simple... the nikon sb-18 used off camera... i so far understand that used thusly it will NOT HAVE TTL capabilities...

fine...

next i understand that i MUST use the VERY EXPENSIVE sc-17 cord to attach the sb-18 to the nikon F3... now the flash is off the camera... kewl...

whew!...

FINE! so far about a hundred bucks - less shipping... but what capabilities will i have? iam doing very close up work so i don't need a heap of light... the sb-18 is priced right!

what function does the cord provide if it doesn't provide TTL? if it's a sync (pc) cord? (that other hole in the camera below the three pin film winder hot shoe) why doesn't it plug in there? but if the sc-17 cord hooks to the F3 hot shoe what funtions does it provide? ...

what's the difference between the hot shoe (three pin hookup) and the sync hole just below? do i have to be an engineer to sus this out?

bottom line...

if i purchase the above hardware do i get just manual flash? and if so how do i calibrate my shots?

thanks for any help or suggestions, links or required reading. and if anyone has this hardware for sale let me know...

very stumped in the woods waiting to take banana slug pictures...

marc

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #659 Previous topic | Next topic