nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Mr67GP

Jackson Twp, US
36 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Mr67GP Basic Member
Tue 27-Nov-01 12:18 AM

Hi,

A few weeks ago I had started a thread in the F5 users forum relating to my search for a small speedlight to slip on the camera for casual shots. I promised to continue it here, so here I am.

I wanted something to replace the pop-up flash that was so useful on my N70 that I just recently left. I had asked about the SB-23, but not many people have apparently used this unit. Physically it looked to be about perfect, with a slightly higher GN than the little N70 strobe, but a low, compact package that would in no way replace my SB-28 (which I use often and love).

I found a very clean used SB-23 on ebay and won the auction at the opening bid. The unit arrived a few days later and I quickly fell in love with it. It was just the size I wanted, and I hoped it would perform as desired. I just got back the first prints with it, and I am thrilled. I took several rolls indoors at my sons Cub Scout pack meeting. I usedd the camera handheld on P with the unit on auto, and the results were excellent. No redeye, and nice even lighting with the 35-70/2.8 nikkor I use regularly. Recycle times are nearly instantaneous.

I now plan to do some more testing/playing to see what its limitations are (other than the obvious). I just thought I would share my initial experiences with others who might be considering this diminutive but capable tool. I have found what I was looking for, and at a great price!

Jim Korczak
Evidence shooter
www.summitresources.com

Jim Korczak
Evidence Shooter
www.summitresources.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SB-23 and my F5
Reply message RE: SB-23 and my F5
Reply message I just bought MY SB-23 on ebay...
Reply message RE: I just bought MY SB-23 on ebay...
     Reply message RE: I just bought MY SB-23 on ebay...
     Reply message One other thing
          Reply message RE: One other thing

G