Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62491
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910" Previous topic | Next topic
Franklin43 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2013Wed 20-Nov-13 08:20 PM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"

Novi, US

Hi,

Has anyone tried the new Gary Fong collapsible light sphere with the Velcro closure for the 900/910?

I watched the video and it appeared to be much easier to mount on the flash than the universal one.

http://www.garyfongestore.com/featured-products/lightsphere-collapsible-speed-mount.html

Frank

Learning something new every day...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910
ScottChapin Moderator
21st Nov 2013
Franklin43 Gold Member
21st Nov 2013
jb335 Silver Member
21st Nov 2013
Franklin43 Gold Member
21st Nov 2013
SirPuttsAlot Silver Member
22nd Nov 2013
Franklin43 Gold Member
22nd Nov 2013
PSAGuy Silver Member
22nd Nov 2013
Franklin43 Gold Member
22nd Nov 2013
Franklin43 Gold Member
22nd Nov 2013

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberThu 21-Nov-13 12:19 AM
8044 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 0

Powder Springs, US

Looks pretty nice. I have the predecessor and it isn't really that hard to mount, but this looks faster.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

Franklin43 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2013Thu 21-Nov-13 12:09 PM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 1

Novi, US

That is what I thought. I am always concerned when I have to put pressure on the flash head. Thank you for your response.

Frank

jb335 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2011Thu 21-Nov-13 12:22 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

Hi

I've tried it on my SB-800 and it is very easy to attach. The user can decide how much or how little pressure is applied to the flash head.

Jim

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Franklin43 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2013Thu 21-Nov-13 12:44 PM
#4. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 3

Novi, US

Great, thank you. I'll go to the camera store tomorrow. Frank

SirPuttsAlot Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Sep 2011Fri 22-Nov-13 02:01 PM
330 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 4

Poughquag, US

I have the older one and it worked great. That is the same way the Power Snoot connects and I was not a fan as the SB-910's head was larger than the power snoot and it was never as secure as the Lightsphere. Now the materials that it's made from are completely different, so it may not be an issue.

Franklin43 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2013Fri 22-Nov-13 02:35 PM
#7. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 5

Novi, US

Thank you for the information. I am going over to the camera store today to check it out and I'll let you know.

Frank

PSAGuy Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008Fri 22-Nov-13 02:07 PM
715 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 22-Nov-13 02:08 PM by PSAGuy

Lake Elmo, US

Thanks....I just bought it. I have the original collapsible but needed another one for my second flash. The first one is a bit of a pain to get on, especially if shooting outdoors in cold weather. The fact that he has this new design must be because he got LOTS of complaints. I like the new design and it could not have been better timing.
Thanks

Franklin43 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2013Fri 22-Nov-13 02:37 PM
#8. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 6

Novi, US

Great, I am also looking forward to the new one.

Frank

Franklin43 Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2013Fri 22-Nov-13 11:42 PM
#9. "RE: Gary Fong Collapsible Lightsphere for Nikon SB-910"
In response to Reply # 8

Novi, US

I bought the Collapsible Lightsphere today. I tried it on my D7100 with my 910 at the store and loved the results. I also purchased the amber dome.

Thanks for your input. I'll post some photographs as soon as there is a compatible link for my OSX 10.9. Frank

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62491 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.