Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62106
View in linear mode

Subject: "TT5/TT1 failed to work at a certain location" Previous topic | Next topic
zdybkevlau Registered since 30th Nov 2006Thu 05-Sep-13 11:54 PM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"TT5/TT1 failed to work at a certain location"

Waxhaw, US

I am a real estete photographer and had something happen that has never happened to me. My flash setup when I went to a new house to shoot would just not work and when I got back home everything worked perfectly.

I have a Nikon D800 with a TT1 & AC3 attached. I use manual with SB800's & TT5's. When I got to the house nothing worked so I tried power cycles and changing batteries with still nothing working properly. The flash would occasionally fire after the camera's shutter had already taken the exposure.

I have done many many shoots and never had this happen. I can't even explain why this happened as it now works fine with the only difference is that I am no longer at the house where this went awry. Any Ideas??

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

factotum Registered since 17th Jun 2007Fri 06-Sep-13 12:46 AM
342 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: TT5/TT1 failed to work at a certain location"
In response to Reply # 0

US

There was probably some sort of radio interference strong enough to disrupt the communication. Did you try any other channels?

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
Miss Piggy

zdybkevlau Registered since 30th Nov 2006Fri 06-Sep-13 01:00 AM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: TT5/TT1 failed to work at a certain location"
In response to Reply # 1

Waxhaw, US

No I did not and actually not sure how to do that....

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62106 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.