Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62080
View in linear mode

Subject: "Youngnuo YN-622N transceivers" Previous topic | Next topic
pjr Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2005Wed 28-Aug-13 07:07 PM
2244 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Youngnuo YN-622N transceivers"

Manotick, CA

Anyone have experience with these, and can give mr some advice on them?
They're a lot cheaper than pocket wizards, but I wonder about the "you get what you pay for" rule.

Phil
A Canadian Nikonian
My portfolio: www.pjr99.500px.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DavidN4 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011Wed 28-Aug-13 09:19 PM
268 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Youngnuo YN-622N transceivers"
In response to Reply # 0

Johns Creek, US

>Anyone have experience with these, and can give mr some
>advice on them?
>They're a lot cheaper than pocket wizards, but I wonder about
>the "you get what you pay for" rule.

I have them, and they have been working well for me. What do you want to know about them?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

pjr Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2005Wed 28-Aug-13 09:53 PM
2244 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Youngnuo YN-622N transceivers"
In response to Reply # 1

Manotick, CA

Thanks, Davd; I was just wondering about the general quality, think I'll order four transceivers tonight.

Phil
A Canadian Nikonian
My portfolio: www.pjr99.500px.com

DavidN4 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011Thu 29-Aug-13 02:06 PM
268 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Youngnuo YN-622N transceivers"
In response to Reply # 2

Johns Creek, US

The quality of them is very good for what I need them to do. They are reliable, and always seem to fire. The only catch to them is how you control the flashes with them. You really need a commander of some sort on top of the transmitter, just like you would with PocketWizards. PW has the AC3 as their controller, Yongnuo is coming out with a SU800, which is a knock off of the Nikon SU-800.

I have the SU-800, and it works perfectly as a TTL or Manual controller. Alternatively, you can use a commander flash (except for the SB-800) as a commander to work through the YN-622N system.

You can go without a commander and simply use the YN-622 that is acting as the transmitter to control the receivers, but it is only through the buttons on the transmitter, and without a screen, it is just too much of a PITA.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jdc3 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Sep 2007Fri 06-Sep-13 02:21 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Youngnuo YN-622N transceivers"
In response to Reply # 3

Laurel, US

Apparently YongNuo is coming out with its on controller similar to the PW AC3. See blog article about it here.
________

Joe

Visit My Personal Website.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62080 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.