Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62063
View in linear mode

Subject: "Background light and hair highlight modifier" Previous topic | Next topic
gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Mon 26-Aug-13 02:53 AM
644 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Background light and hair highlight modifier"

FPO, US

I am looking for a snoot or something that can fit on my SB 800 and SB 900 when shooting with studio lights and background. Please recommend what are the user friendly products that are durable and are functional. Thank you.

Regards,

Glenn

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier
Michael Green Gold Member
26th Aug 2013
JonK Moderator
26th Aug 2013
mklass Platinum Member
26th Aug 2013
xrickx
26th Aug 2013
gqtuazon Silver Member
27th Aug 2013
gqtuazon Silver Member
27th Aug 2013
JonK Moderator
27th Aug 2013
gqtuazon Silver Member
28th Aug 2013
jrp Administrator
29th Aug 2013
gqtuazon Silver Member
02nd Sep 2013

Michael Green Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2008Mon 26-Aug-13 11:43 AM
287 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 0

Stamford, CT, US

I'm considering getting this.

<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/707213-REG/ExpoImaging_ROGUERELG_Rogue_FlashBender_Large_Positionable.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/>

I saw something like it on some of the Pocketwizard tutorials.

MKG

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Mon 26-Aug-13 01:26 PM
4566 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

Honl makes a variety of SB-XXX light modifiers including a snoot.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Mon 26-Aug-13 02:42 PM
5905 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon 26-Aug-13 02:43 PM by mklass

Tacoma, US

I use the Honl products. They are durable, light, packable and effective. You might also consider using their grids.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

xrickx Registered since 17th Jul 2012Mon 26-Aug-13 06:50 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 3

Jarales, US

Buy a roll of Cinefoil, light control aluminum wrap. Order it from
www.roscoe.com I never leave home without it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Tue 27-Aug-13 12:57 AM
644 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 4

FPO, US

Jon / Mick - those HONL looks pretty good and reasonably priced too. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll order the HONL.

Regards,

Glenn

gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Tue 27-Aug-13 02:23 AM
#6. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 5

FPO, US

Another follow-up question on the HONL. Do I need to buy the strap?

Thanks again.
Regards,

Glenn

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Tue 27-Aug-13 02:35 AM
4566 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 6

New York, US

You need one strap for each speed light that you might use simultaneously. Some of his "kits" contain a strap, otherwise he sells it separately.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Wed 28-Aug-13 03:57 AM
#8. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 7

FPO, US

Thanks for the clarification Jon. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Glenn

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 29-Aug-13 07:49 PM
34462 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Here you have it

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Mon 02-Sep-13 02:36 AM
#10. "RE: Background light and hair highlight modifier"
In response to Reply # 9

FPO, US

Thanks for the link JRP. I have the GF collapsible and should have looked for this model also. I'll wait and see how the HONL works since I just ordered it before your post.

Regards,

Glenn

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62063 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.