Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62051
View in linear mode

Subject: "Has anybody tried..." Previous topic | Next topic
geno64 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2012Sat 24-Aug-13 04:31 PM
85 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Has anybody tried..."

midlothian, US

Anybody tried the Lastolite Ezybox Speedlite? 8.6 x 8.6. Looking for something that I can attach directly to the SB800. I have all the other stuff, stands, umbrellas etc. Just hate setting it up all the time. Want to make life easier. I'll mainly use it for Macro and a fill light here and there.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sat 24-Aug-13 10:15 PM
4641 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Has anybody tried..."
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I have a similarly-sized Lumiquest and I like it a lot. Works very well for event candids or anywhere I don't want to schlep stands, etc. Relatively speaking, 8.6x8.6 is huge compared to the speedlight head itself, so the light is that much softer. So if there's no wall or ceiling for bounce…

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

geno64 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2012Sat 24-Aug-13 11:18 PM
85 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Has anybody tried..."
In response to Reply # 1

midlothian, US

I'll check them out. Seems to me I had one long ago, but then, as the amount of toys build up, and I don't use them for awhile, they seem to disappear like the socks in the dryer. Thanks, I'll check them out. Maybe it's time for a new one anyway.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

oneeyedphoto Gold Member Nikonian since 11th May 2012Sun 25-Aug-13 11:58 PM
33 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Has anybody tried..."
In response to Reply # 0

Mildura, AU

Haven't tried the Ezybox, but am using the HONL traveller8. Compact, lightweight & gives a good spread of light. Use it with the SC-29 off camera cord & the SB800's diffuser.

Lots of gear - just no idea!!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #62051 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.