nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61953
View in linear mode

Subject: "Commlite TTL flash trigger" Previous topic | Next topic
hugoyklee Registered since 29th Jul 2013Mon 12-Aug-13 12:34 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Commlite TTL flash trigger"

Alhambra, US

Hi Nikonians,

I am wondering if anyone can offer his/her experience in using Commlite TTL flash triggers, and if someone can explain the differences between different models (T320, G430, H550, TL680).

Would they be good alternatives to PocketWizard?

Thanks in advance!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 18-Aug-13 07:32 AM
27046 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Commlite TTL flash trigger"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Hugo,

First, I have never used or even seen anything other than a photo of the Commlite triggers.
After searching the web, it appears that the T320, G430, and H550 are Manual flash triggers. They list "TTL Pass-Thru" which means that if you mount the Trigger in your cameras hotshoe and place an i-TTL compatible Speedlight in the hotshoe of the On Camera trigger, the TTL signals from the camera will pass thru the Trigger to the attached Speedlight.

The TL680 appears to have wireless TTL capability though how well it actually works; I have no idea.

I have Pocket Wizards and they work very well and I have been very happy with them and recommend them.

Best Regards,
Marty

hugoyklee Registered since 29th Jul 2013Mon 19-Aug-13 05:05 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Commlite TTL flash trigger"
In response to Reply # 1

Alhambra, US

Hi Marty,

Thank you for your information.

I haven't had the need for high-speed sync. $400 for a pair of RF trigger-receiver set is kind of non-sense to me. Therefore I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried alternatives (and I very much believe someone must have).

I am trying Yongnuo's trigger and flashes with built-in receiver. Its trigger with 16 channels only costs like $20. So far I like them. The only complaint I have on its trigger is that it does not allow TTL pass-through. I expect Commlite's trigger and receiver sets should work to the same degree.

Question: How reproducible is the high-speed sync by Pocket Wizard?

Thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61953 Previous topic | Next topic