nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is 'Flashaphobe' a term?

BrawlerO

Wokingham, UK
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BrawlerO Registered since 01st Nov 2012
Mon 05-Aug-13 12:56 PM

I'm scared of my SB-700! There you go, I admit it

Seriously though, I am now onto my second Nikon DSLR and think I have made good progress in different aspects of our great hobby and have got used to a variety of different lenses for different types of shots using different metering and focusing methods. Even if something doesn't go well I can see why.

Now flash. To me it is like Maths, I start to read up on it and suddenly it just becomes white noise and my head can't take it in. I think it is the dual metering stuff (camera doing one thing and the flash unit doing something else that gets me).

There was a great article on this very site recently and I thought 'A-ha!' at last I will get my head around this tricky subject but alas I am still not much wiser. I feel guilty every time I open my camera bag and see the SB-700 sitting there and even when the bag is closed I can feel it looking at me saying 'you paid a lot of money for me dummy, why don't I get used?'

So is it just me or is this a common thing? If so are there any good books anyone can recommend to try? Because it isn't getting easier over time

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is 'Flashaphobe' a term?

G