Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61852
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB910 competition from Phottix" Previous topic | Next topic
Toby01 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Nov 2012Sat 27-Jul-13 12:55 AM
229 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB910 competition from Phottix"

El Sobrante, US

It looks like Nikon may have some serious competition for their high end speedlight now. Check out David Hobby's review of the new flash from Phottix on www.strobist.com. My SB800 is on its last legs, so I might try one of these new Phottix units.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

chroaz Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009Mon 19-Aug-13 04:11 AM
670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB910 competition from Phottix"
In response to Reply # 0

Cave Creek, US

Just got mine - extemelely, solid and well built - does everything just as David Hobby (and others) says - excellent value, excellent performance, just a wee bit bulkier.
Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

www.throughmeyelens.com

hillsidekim Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2008Fri 23-Aug-13 03:58 AM
500 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: SB910 competition from Phottix"
In response to Reply # 1

Hillside, US

Thank you, much appreciated. I have a couple of SB 600 and SB 800 and one SB 700 and am always looking for ways to expand.
Kim
Western burbs of Chicago

hillsidekim Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Feb 2008Thu 22-Aug-13 03:08 PM
500 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB910 competition from Phottix"
In response to Reply # 0

Hillside, US

Too bad you didn't provide a link to the specific review. I couldn't find it on his site.
Kim
Western burbs of Chicago

chroaz Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009Thu 22-Aug-13 03:12 PM
670 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: SB910 competition from Phottix"
In response to Reply # 2

Cave Creek, US

Here you go, Kim

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2013/07/phottix-mitros-nikon-review-real-deal.html

Chris

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

www.throughmeyelens.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61852 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.