Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61685
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB 800 PC Connector different - WHY?" Previous topic | Next topic
vpasq Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2008Sun 23-Jun-13 02:27 PM
144 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB 800 PC Connector different - WHY?"
Sun 23-Jun-13 02:28 PM by vpasq

Chesapeake, US

I own two Nikon SB 800's, each bought about a year apart. I also purchased an Nikon SD8A battery pack, but on one of the 800's the PC connector won't fit, as it is larger than the tip on the SD8A connector, but on my other (the newer of the two) the connector fits perfect. ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS COULD BE? Neither are grey market flashes!!!

I have read where you can use the flash and battery pack without the pc connector, but I have an electrical engineer/photographer friend who advises, "Make sure you connect the PC connector on the SD cord to the SB-800. While it will work without it, this serves to protect the camera and flash electronics in the event of a power short in the high voltage circuitry. " As such, I am hesitant to go without using that second connector.

ANY COMMENTS, THOUGHTS, ETC.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61685 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.