nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61653
View in linear mode

Subject: "3rd Party Flash battery pack" Previous topic | Next topic
mrpenguin Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012Wed 12-Jun-13 11:23 PM
263 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"3rd Party Flash battery pack"
Wed 12-Jun-13 11:23 PM by mrpenguin

Windsor, CA

I am looking to buy a battery pack for my Nikon Sb-910 flash
In Canada the SD-9 will cost just over $300 which is freaking insane if you realize its just a plastic holder for AA batteries.

I found a 3rd party battery pack from Phottix for only $70
I use Phottix triggers and receivers for off camera flash and after almost 2 years still has had no issues with them.

Is it safe to use a 3rd part battery pack ?
Anybody on here using 3rd party battery packs ??

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit Windsor wedding photographer.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Wed 10-Jul-13 10:19 AM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 3rd Party Flash battery pack"
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

In addition to being expensive, they are fragile. Would also like an answer to this.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

jafo37 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2005Wed 10-Jul-13 04:22 PM
201 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 3rd Party Flash battery pack"
In response to Reply # 0

Katy, US

I've used both the Pixel and Bolt battery packs with my 800's. The Pixel never did really work correctly and frequently locked up. The Bolt, otoh, has worked flawlessly from day one, even in some nasty rain when I should have shut it down. The packs look identical so I don't know if I just got a bad one or not...Jackie

Jackie
www.rjfowler.com

Craig Bennett Registered since 29th Oct 2012Fri 12-Jul-13 05:51 AM
64 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 3rd Party Flash battery pack"
In response to Reply # 0

Rio Rancho, US

I use this for my SB-9xx's Godox

I purchased mine off of an Ebay shop with the required cable for under $100 total. I own three of them and use them every week. Comes with AC and DC charger and shoulder strap.

Regards,
Craig

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61653 Previous topic | Next topic