Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61386
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 with SB600 as slave" Previous topic | Next topic
Maura Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Mar 2012Wed 08-May-13 02:50 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 with SB600 as slave"

Vancouver, CA

Hello Nikonians!

I have the V1 plus SB-N5 flash. I also happen to have an SB-600 flash. If I get the SU-4 slave flash controller, will I be able to use the SB600 as a slave with the V1? thanks!

FM2 FA D200 V1
Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: V1 with SB600 as slave
nwcs Silver Member
08th May 2013
Maura Silver Member
09th May 2013
nwcs Silver Member
09th May 2013
adcam Gold Member
10th May 2013
Swetz Silver Member
15th Jul 2013

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Wed 08-May-13 12:17 PM
6823 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: V1 with SB600 as slave"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Someone may correct me but I don't believe the SB-600 has a SU-4 mode and isn't compatible with the SU-4 external controller.

Maura Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Mar 2012Thu 09-May-13 06:31 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: V1 with SB600 as slave"
In response to Reply # 1

Vancouver, CA

>Someone may correct me but I don't believe the SB-600 has a
>SU-4 mode and isn't compatible with the SU-4 external
>controller.

There are many reports out there (B and H website for instance) of the SB 600 used with the SU-4, but all the references I could find are in relation to DSLR cameras. I was curious if I could use this set up for the V1. I do not want to purchase the SU-4 if it does not facilitate use with the V1 and SB-600 combo. I continue to use the SB-600 with my D-200 , just wanted to know if I could extend its usefulness to use it as a slave with the V1.

The SB-600 is too big and heavy and has an incompatible hot shoe for use on the V1 as a conventional flash.

FM2 FA D200 V1

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 09-May-13 12:35 PM
6823 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: V1 with SB600 as slave"
In response to Reply # 2

Knoxville, US

I think this question is best answered in the Nikon Speedlights & Lighting forum. I'll move the thread over and see if those guys can lend you a hand.

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Fri 10-May-13 08:46 PM
591 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: V1 with SB600 as slave"
In response to Reply # 0

Portland, US

You do not need the SU-4 slave flash controller. The SB-600 can be set as a slave and your SB-N5 flash on your V-1 can trigger it. Hope that helps.

Swetz Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2006Mon 15-Jul-13 09:48 PM
174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: V1 with SB600 as slave"
In response to Reply # 4

Cambridge, US

You can trigger the SB-600, but you cannot use CLS. You can only use the SB-600 in manual mode I believe. And you have to put the Flas on the Nikon 1 into manual mode too. At least that's the way I remember having to set it up to get it to work.

Steve
http://www.stevewetzel.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61386 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.