nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Difficulty Setting Mode on SB-800

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012
Mon 15-Apr-13 01:18 AM

I have the flash connected in the hotshoe on my camera. A D7000. I am shooting black objects for product photos --- eBay. Why is it, no matter what I do on the strobe, the Mode always on the back LCD includes the letters FP. Whether I have it in Manual. Or in TTl.

I know not to have camera metering in Matrix, except for TTl-BL. So metering is CW or Spot. But no matter what I do, I can't get the flash to fire in the mode I want. In fact the shutter won't fire. Focus has been acheived. Camera shooting mode is single frame. I've tried AP, and SP. And P. But the flash balks won't respond. I've removed and replaced it several times to ensure a good electrical contact.

I've tried flash sync in regular, rear curtain. On the camera, the flash synch speed in Custom Settings is at 250. The shutter won't even fire. What do you think is going on?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G