Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #612
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB-24/F90x" Previous topic | Next topic
ahdl Basic MemberMon 19-Nov-01 06:10 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB-24/F90x"

Pretoria, ZA

I have an F90X and a Speedlight SB-24. I want to take the flash off-camera, and have acquired an SC-17 cable. The hotshoe on the SC-17 attaches to the camera's hotshoe, while the other end attaches to the flash handle with a tripod female mount. I cannot find such a flash handle in South Africa. Any ideas?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Lefty Basic MemberTue 20-Nov-01 03:51 AM
711 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: SB-24/F90x"
In response to Reply # 0

Virginia Beach, US

Hello Ahdl,
Some of the better brackets for this are made by Stroboframe. There have been some questions and mention of the topic elsewhere on the site; but, basically there are two forms of flash brackets available - the 'flash-flip' (the camera stays put while the flash is flipped), & the 'camera-flip' (flash arm is stationary while the camera pivots on a base)...both of these help to eliminate shadows by keeping the flash directly above the lens (attached using that tripod-mount on the SC-17).

They are available on-line at B&H and Adorama and the like. If you do not have the MB-10 Vertical Grip on your F90X, you would be able to use either the 'flash' or 'camera' flip models. However, if you do have the MB-10, it might be easier to use either the Pro-T or Pro-RL 'camera flip' units. (these run about $100 USD)

I use the Pro-RL with my N90S and love it! The flash arm extends up-and-down, so I can use even the FATEST (in diameter) lens out there.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
"Shoot pictures,enjoy life in between!"

Chris
(Lefty)

Taylor

Cheers,
Chris

(Lefty)color="white"]
Taylor
You're
only as good as your last
shot!

Lefty Basic MemberFri 23-Nov-01 03:36 AM
711 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: SB-24/F90x"
In response to Reply # 1

Virginia Beach, US

I must appologize for giving false info....Sorry!
The Pro-T bracket is a 'Flash flip' type, I was mistaken!
Chris
(Lefty)

Taylor

Cheers,
Chris

(Lefty)color="white"]
Taylor
You're
only as good as your last
shot!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #612 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.