Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61141
View in linear mode

Subject: "R1 and D300 / FP sync at > 1/320 ?" Previous topic | Next topic
toomanyhandles Registered since 07th Sep 2009Tue 26-Mar-13 07:37 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"R1 and D300 / FP sync at > 1/320 ?"
Tue 26-Mar-13 08:12 PM by toomanyhandles

US

Hi-

I have just added an R1 macro flash, and I'm not yet able to get it to sync higher than 1/320 with the built-in flash as Commander.
The D300 won't let me select a shutter speed higher than 1/320 if the built-in is popped up.

Per the D300 manual .288 and also the R1 manual it looks like the R1 supports FP sync at > 1/320.

I have a SB600 available but haven't tested with that flash as the commander yet.

Has anyone got this to work with either of the above as commander, or know definitively that it just isn't possible?

Thank you;

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 28-Mar-13 05:53 PM
26180 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: R1 and D300 / FP sync at > 1/320 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Brian,

>I have just added an R1 macro flash, and I'm not yet able to
>get it to sync higher than 1/320 with the built-in flash as
>Commander.
>The D300 won't let me select a shutter speed higher than 1/320
>if the built-in is popped up.

The built-in Speedlight does not support FP High Speed Sync mode.
You will need to have an SB-700, SB-800, SB-900, SB-910, or SU-800 in the cameras hotshoe in order to support FP high Speed Sync mode with remote SB-R200, SB-600, SB-700, SB-800, SB-900, or SB-910 Speedlights.

>Per the D300 manual .288 and also the R1 manual it looks like
>the R1 supports FP sync at > 1/320.

The SB-R200 (R1) does support FP High Speed Sync mode.

>I have a SB600 available but haven't tested with that flash as
>the commander yet.

The SB-600 will support FP High Speed Sync mode when it is in the hotshoe.
The SB-600 does not have Commander mode built in so it can only be used on camera as a single Speedlight or as a Remote.
You will need an SB-700, SB-800, SB-900, SB-910 or SU-800 to act as Commander.

Best Regards,
Marty

toomanyhandles Registered since 07th Sep 2009Fri 29-Mar-13 04:53 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: R1 and D300 / FP sync at > 1/320 ?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Perfect, thank you very much!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61141 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.