nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61056
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB600 and D90 problem" Previous topic | Next topic
Checkmate Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Dec 2006Sun 17-Mar-13 05:26 PM
2188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB600 and D90 problem"

Leicester, UK

Hello,

I'm trying to fire my SB600 in Manual Mode, connected to my D90 with SC-17 cable. It fires in TTL BL Mode but not in Manual. It's been a long time since I did this and have probably forgotten an important setting!

I need it to fire to trigger my strobes.

Can anyone please help?

John | Leicestershire - UK | My Nikonians Gallery | My Website

"To express oneself in seventeen syllables is very diffic" - John Cooper Clarke

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Checkmate Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Dec 2006Sun 17-Mar-13 06:23 PM
2188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB600 and D90 problem - now working!"
In response to Reply # 0

Leicester, UK

It's now firing in Manual Mode after re-attaching. Dodgy contacts maybe? But it was firing in TTL BL mode.

ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography Charter MemberSun 17-Mar-13 06:40 PM
8251 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB600 and D90 problem - now working!"
In response to Reply # 1

Powder Springs, US

John,

Blue skies here, but is it possible that the first time around you turned your flash on first and then the camera? I notice that ISO settings can be set wrong, if the flash cannot read the camera while powering up. Perhaps that affects the mode to.

Now if you tried to change it to manual and it wouldn't change, then maybe it was a static charge. Stranger things have happened.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA
Nikonians Team Member

Checkmate Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Dec 2006Sun 17-Mar-13 07:38 PM
#3. "RE: SB600 and D90 problem - now working!"
In response to Reply # 2

Leicester, UK

>John,
>
>Blue skies here, but is it possible that the first time around
>you turned your flash on first and then the camera? I notice
>that ISO settings can be set wrong, if the flash cannot read
>the camera while powering up. Perhaps that affects the mode
>to.
>
>Now if you tried to change it to manual and it wouldn't
>change, then maybe it was a static charge. Stranger things
>have happened.

Scott,

It's quite possible that I turned the flash on first, but I can't remember.

I also tried an SB18 which only works in Manual. That didn't work at first, but did when I reconnected it. And then the SB600 worked too. I will check the connection sequence next time.

Many thanks for your help.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61056 Previous topic | Next topic