nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remote camera, Speed lights

mahasuresh

Plano, US
449 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mahasuresh Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008
Wed 13-Mar-13 02:16 AM

I am a photographer at an event and i cannot afford a second photographer. For the first time i am going to use a Remote camera to provide a second POV for shooting the event. Here is my rig

D700, 24-70mm, with a pocketwizard Plus II on camera (channel 1). This will be a main camera i will be using in my hand.

D300s (remote camera), 12-24mm kept at a wide angle from a different angle. Pocketwizard connected to the motor drive of the camera with the N90M3-P wire (pre trigger). Channel 1.

This setup works perfectly. No issues. Now comes the 3rd component. A Flash into the picture and i want to use in Relay mode (channel 2) so that the remote camera and the flash are in sych. This works fine.

But the camera on my hand (main camera) does not capture the remote flash. The camera shutter fires before the flash fires. The remote camera is perfectly fine, since the relay mode and the remote camera are in perfect sych.

Can someone help? Sorry for the very confusing scenario ....

Thanks
Suresh

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remote camera, Speed lights