Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61042
View in linear mode

Subject: "Paul C buff Alien Bees and Impact Softboxes" Previous topic | Next topic
Magnum164 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jun 2011Tue 12-Mar-13 11:49 PM
106 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Paul C buff Alien Bees and Impact Softboxes"

US

I just ordered a couple of Alien Bees, 1 B800 and 1 B1600 to be exact and batteries. I have a few Impact Softboxes I use with my SB910 and other flashes.

Anyone know what kind of adapter I will need to use the adapters? I see a lot of different ones, but not one specifically listed for Impact Softboxes.

I would prefer to have just one set to carry, and I have grown fond of the Impact line at the moment.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Nikonuser0607 Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Jun 2007Wed 13-Mar-13 01:53 AM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Paul C buff Alien Bees and Impact Softboxes"
In response to Reply # 0

Gallatin, US

You might give Paul Buff a call to see what adapter they suggest. They are a very helpful and cooperative. Their 800 number is on their website (www.paulbuff.com)
http://Myphotos08.smugmug.com/share/Z6YXCsFg5QuU6

Magnum164 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jun 2011Wed 13-Mar-13 03:56 PM
106 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Paul C buff Alien Bees and Impact Softboxes"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Yes thanks, they were closed and wanted to get one on order to have by this weekend.

Turns out a Photoflex ring for a Balcar type ring works. Adorama has a Photoflex to Alien Bees, so that should work. Expensive, but will be here by Fri.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Nikonuser0607 Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Jun 2007Fri 15-Mar-13 02:06 AM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Paul C buff Alien Bees and Impact Softboxes"
In response to Reply # 2

Gallatin, US

Glad you found something to work with.

http://Myphotos08.smugmug.com/share/Z6YXCsFg5QuU6

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61042 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.