nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

another question about multiple flashes

pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Tue 12-Mar-13 04:40 PM

Here's my scenerio.
d90 in commander mode. 3 flashes, 2 sb 600's, one sb 700
all three in remote mode. okay, I know that if the 600's are in group a for example, I control their exposures identically via my camera. If I want to control the exposures say 1/1 for the first 600 and 1/128 for the second 600, I know I must change my channel to group b for one of them...thus controlling both seperately through my d 90...That's correct,,,right? Okay, now I went ahead and took my third flash, the sb 700, turned the dial to group C and went back into my camera, looked in the commander mode and saw there is no group C...so what do I do with the sb 700? Just wondering what my options are here...My ideal setup is going to be having the 2 600's on either side of my tray of water for my waterdrops, and the 700 at the far end of the water tray shooting through some etched glass towards the waterdrop which will be shooting towards the camera. Not sure where to go from here...any advice?

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: another question about multiple flashes

G