nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Happy With New Bracket

Bravozulu

Los Angeles, US
762 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bravozulu Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jun 2012
Tue 12-Mar-13 02:57 PM | edited Tue 12-Mar-13 02:59 PM by Bravozulu

I recently bought one of the Custom Bracket units. The kind often referred to as Paparazzi Bracket.

I shoot vertical shots a lot and like to have a bracket that affords me a 2-handed grasp on the equipment. But I don't want lots of hardware that can snag or flap in the breeze.

I had a $9 'wonder' I picked up at BH (made of composite in India). I could put the flash on the left side, but this didn't work well for shooting portrait mode. The flash would then be held under the camera/lens. On the right side, the shutter button was blocked when held in portrait mode.

Custom Brackets makes two brackets, one with a crook that solves the problem of reaching the shutter. Have a look. I sure like it after only a week. CNC machined aluminum with great cork inserts to prevent slippage of the camera mount. This mounts only with the flash to the right of the camera, so it may not work well for lefties. And it seems more ergonomic with a power grip on the camera.

http://www.custombrackets.com/products/camera-flash-brackets/cb-series-brackets/cb-mini-rc.html

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G