Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61022
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB-600 and PocketWizards" Previous topic | Next topic
Carney2 Silver Member Charter MemberSat 09-Mar-13 02:56 PM
327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB-600 and PocketWizards"

Allentown, US

I just purchased a few of the new PocketWizard Plus Xs. I have a few speedlights, but the SB-600 appears to be the only one that is not ready to go with the PocketWizard. There is no connection socket to plug it in. I am assuming that this can be overcome with some sort of an attachment for the hot shoe area. Anyway, my question is how to connect an SB-600 to a PocketWizard?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: SB-600 and PocketWizards
MEMcD Moderator
10th Mar 2013
dlevine
18th Aug 2013
chanrahan Silver Member
20th Aug 2013
TiagoMota
11th Jan 2014
MEMcD Moderator
11th Jan 2014

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 10-Mar-13 03:34 AM
26123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB-600 and PocketWizards"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Tom,

You need a PC to Hotshoe adaptor .
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

dlevine Registered since 18th Aug 2013Sun 18-Aug-13 11:23 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB-600 and PocketWizards"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Tom,

I am wondering if you tried the PC to hotshoe adaptor that Marty suggested. I have 2 sb600s, and I want to trigger them with PW Plus Xs.

Any luck with solving the problem?

Thanks for you help,

Dan

chanrahan Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2004Tue 20-Aug-13 01:56 AM
164 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: SB-600 and PocketWizards"
In response to Reply # 2

Baltimore, US

Hi Dan,

I just purchased 3 Pocket Wizards and the adapter that Marty suggests above for my 2 SB600 flashes. The setup works perfectly.

You do need to remember to turn off the "Standby Mode" in your SB-600 if you have it set. Otherwise, when the SB-600 goes into Standby mode, the Pocket Wizard won't be able to trigger it.

Good Luck!

Chris

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

TiagoMota Registered since 11th Jan 2014Sat 11-Jan-14 04:24 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: SB-600 and PocketWizards"
In response to Reply # 3
Sat 11-Jan-14 04:30 PM by TiagoMota

BR

>Hi Dan,
>
>I just purchased 3 Pocket Wizards and the adapter that Marty
>suggests above for my 2 SB600 flashes. The setup works
>perfectly.
>
>You do need to remember to turn off the "Standby
>Mode" in your SB-600 if you have it set. Otherwise, when
>the SB-600 goes into Standby mode, the Pocket Wizard won't be
>able to trigger it.
>
>Good Luck!
>
>

I bought 2 PC to hotshoe adapters (brand: Pixel, model: TF-321) to use my PocketWizards Plus III with my SB600 and SB700, but it doesn't work with any of them! I've tried all sorts of settings on both speedlights and transceivers. Any help?

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 11-Jan-14 08:18 PM
26123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: SB-600 and PocketWizards"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Hi Tiago,

Welcome to Nikonians!
The Pixel TF-321 appears to be a Pass Through design with a Canon TTL hotshoe on one side and a Canon hotfoot on the other side.

What are you mounting the hotfoot on?
I suspect that is where you problem is.
If the hotfoot is mounted on a camera or metal foot, it is more than likely shorting out the connection between the Speedlight and the PC port.

You only need a generic hotshoe adaptor. Preferably with a 1/4" -20 tripod socket on the bottom so you can mount it on a light stand.

Did you check the continuity between the hotshoe and the PC port?

Are the Speedlights fully seated and locked in the hotshoe?

Is the Sync cord fully seated in the PW and the PC port on the hotshoe?

Are the Speedlights in Manual flash mode with sleep mode disabled?

Are all the PW's on the same channel?

Have you tried repositioning the PW transceivers?
Sometimes if they are too close together they won't work.

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #61022 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.