nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Thu 07-Mar-13 01:25 AM

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone would know the answer to this or not, but I finally ended up getting the stop shot system from cosignys or however you spell it. I can now set my 2 flashes along side my waterdrop dish and when I hit the control button, my drop will drip and my 2 flashes will go off. I have to set them manually, but I don't need my pop up flash to set them off, the controller does that for me,,,,(a long way from my baggie right?) Well, I haven't been utilizing all this stop shot can do because I have just, since I got it, been using my commander mode on my camera to set off my flashes. So now, I'm thinking I need to start using this machine the way it was intended to get my $$$$$$ worth out of it.. Here is my question. I would like to get another flash to possible either hang it up above my waterdrop splash or even put it behind the dish where it splashes. Now if I have the controller controlling the first two, do I understand correctly that my pop up flash or commander mode should set off the 3rd flash.? Am I making this too complicated to understand..sorry if I am. My main question I guess is this, I have sb700 and the sb600, if I opted not to use the controller and just wanted to use commander mode for the 2, which should I buy for the 3rd flash?
Now, I'm confused,,,too...Bottom line, I want a third flash,,,what would be a good one to get? I don't want to go the expensive route because I use the 700 for mostly every other thing I do, but I don't know if it would set off 2 600"s...

Darlene

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 3 flash question