nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I need to take a class in table top lighting 101

JBD90

US
201 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JBD90 Registered since 24th Nov 2011
Mon 04-Mar-13 03:39 AM

My lighting knowledge is two photo flood bulbs in stands on each side of a soft light box. My wife wants to get serious about eBay and the advice she gets from the serious eBay community is to spend $1k on a light set up. I need to learn what needs to be gotten that is within the proper scale for the task at hand.

I have a D90 she has access to my Canon bridge camera and she has a Nikon point and shoot camera that takes great pics.

I am asking for direction to material etc. to study up. Lighting info I have found online and ebooks are for pro studio gear and arrangement.

Do any of you know where I can get lighting 101 material to come up with a properly scaled solution. Or recommendations.

I will tell you where my mind is now and it will date my knowledge. a few basic strobes hooked up with slaves and a flash meter. Maybe an umbrella. Thanks for any direction.

G