Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60930
View in linear mode

Subject: "Flash bracket and battery grip" Previous topic | Next topic
kaiser_soze Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Nov 2005Sat 02-Mar-13 01:53 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Flash bracket and battery grip"

Allison Park, US

I'd like suggestions on a flash bracket large enough for my D300s with battery grip. I don't need any frills, just something with a large enough gap to accommodate the grip.

Thanks.

Anthony D. Watson
-----
"Experience is something you don't get
until just after you need it." -Unknown

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberSat 02-Mar-13 02:32 PM
18317 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Flash bracket and battery grip"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

I use a Custom Bracket CB Junior. It flips the flash. I use it on my F100/MB15 and SB-28 combo and now with my D700/MB-D10 and SB910, both with an SC-17 chord.

Pics of my F100/MB-15 and SB28 can be found here. I need to update with my D700/MB-D10 and SB910 kit.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

liamtoh1ps Registered since 17th Apr 2012Sat 02-Mar-13 03:10 PM
309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Flash bracket and battery grip"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I have used Stroboframe Pro-T with F5 and SB-28.

I think it will work just fine with your D300s with grip. Please remember that the anti-twist plate is really must have accessory if you go with this bracket.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 02-Mar-13 07:02 PM
25574 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Flash bracket and battery grip"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Anthony,

I used a Stroboframe Pro-T with my F4s, F5, F100w/MB-15, D2 series, and D200w/MB-D200 and it worked well. As stated above, an Anti-Twist plate is a must.
If you use an SC-29 you will also need another anti-twist plate for it.
The problem with the Pro-T and most other flash brackets is they are large and are very difficult to pack because they do not fold.

The best Flash Bracket I have found is the RRS Wedding Pro Flash Bracket.
It is expensive and requires an L-Bracket (also not inexpensive) but it is light, extremely strong, and folds very compactly so it is easy to pack.
If you use a tripod, the Arca-Swiss quick release system is the best thing since sliced bread.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60930 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.