Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60891
View in linear mode

Subject: "Needed Lighting hardware" Previous topic | Next topic
Bug Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007Mon 25-Feb-13 05:28 AM
195 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Needed Lighting hardware"
Mon 25-Feb-13 05:30 AM by Bug

Michigan, US

I’m planning some very early spring woods/lakes shots and Í will need hardware some help with basic lighting equipment clips/clamp. I do have a (2-30 "and two 42’’fold out disc that needs some control with (8ft+) light stand and maybe clamps to clamp screen to a tree or so. Then there are the supports for the 42” (4in1) screen to use for refection/soft screen and the 42”disc to block direct.
I nikon flash sb800 sb600 and rwo r200 used for nikon macro.

I’m always grateful to the Nikonian as your help guides me throught a shorter learning and saves me money as I will always buy something that does not work with my set-up Thanks!!

Don

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Tue 26-Feb-13 01:26 PM
3239 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Needed Lighting hardware"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

What are you shooting in the "woods/lakes" that requires the elaborate flash setup?

Alan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

RimaB Registered since 01st Oct 2011Wed 27-Feb-13 07:27 PM
110 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Needed Lighting hardware"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I'm just wondering - wouldn't two lightstands for your OCF or gorilla pods be enough? You could use a large white sheet if you wanted to diffuse the light more or large umbrellas

Bug Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007Sun 03-Mar-13 01:46 AM
195 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Needed Lighting hardware"
In response to Reply # 2

Michigan, US

Dear Alan and RimaB
I believe that early spring green is the most photogenic time of year in Michigan. One of our early spring wildflowers is called Trillium; it is somewhat rare and flowers for maybe 7-10 days, between April and May. Also that time of year the woodlands are not so thick that the over growth is blocking any DOF distance.

I’m practicing my lighting and pushing the DOF for a panoramic photo. I’m currently using some fake flowers (indoors) and trying all this from a ground level kind of shot.

I do have a few different size reflector disc, but any kind of wind will easily move the reflections position.

So, I need to secure them, plus it is time to purchase one or two light weight light stands and maybe a cross bar also?

There are so many brands and kinds of accessories, your input would be appreciated. I've learned from other projects that cheap equipment is a real pain

RimaB, your sheet idea is outstanding!!!
Thanks
Don

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60891 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.