nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB-910 paired with D600 having trouble with flash sync

mtedelen

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mtedelen Registered since 08th Feb 2013
Fri 08-Feb-13 12:59 AM

I love photography but am definitely an amateur trying to learn my way around.....

I recently purchased a SB-910 to use with my D600. I also purchased a Yonguo wireless flash trigger. Playing around with it today I am having some trouble. I have my D600 set to High speed sync mode (1/250 (auto FP)) in my menu settings and while experimenting with some low key style lighting I am getting major banding (don't know if i'm using the right term) across the lower half to lower third of the frame, its just all black. Only happens at 1/200 and 1/250 and above. Anything less then that and the exposure is fine.

In case it matters I am just using the flash by itself and set it on the table with the flash stand.

If I use the flash in optical slave mode and trigger it off camera with my pop up camera flash then everything works fine? Shutter speeds higher then 1/200th of a second don't give the exposure any banding?

Needless to say I am thoroughly confused. Don't know if I'm off on my camera/flash settings maybe? I would love to know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance!!

Matt

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SB-910 paired with D600 having trouble with flash s...

G