Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60679
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ring light for portraits w D80, 85mm1.4" Previous topic | Next topic
z1gary Registered since 02nd Oct 2006Sun 27-Jan-13 07:27 PM
346 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Ring light for portraits w D80, 85mm1.4"

Crystal River, US

I'm looking for a non-nikon budget ring flash for portraits. See lots of DIY but seems few yrs ago I saw alot of off-brand makes in the $100 range. Probably not searching the right subject. Anyway, any suggestions? or current comparison reviews?

thx
Gary

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sun 27-Jan-13 08:28 PM
4190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Ring light for portraits w D80, 85mm1.4"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

There are attachments for your speed light such as the Orbis. It can produce nice shadowless light.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60679 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.