Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60607
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit" Previous topic | Next topic
no1yak Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Aug 2006Tue 22-Jan-13 11:44 AM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
Tue 22-Jan-13 11:46 AM by no1yak

Essex, GB

Thinking of getting the above for Macro work, anyone on here use this kit and if so what do you think - is it worth it.How easy is it to use?

Pete.

Essex England

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit
mklass Platinum Member
22nd Jan 2013
no1yak Gold Member
22nd Jan 2013
no1yak Gold Member
22nd Jan 2013
mklass Platinum Member
22nd Jan 2013
xrickx
23rd Jan 2013
no1yak Gold Member
25th Jan 2013
mklass Platinum Member
25th Jan 2013
no1yak Gold Member
25th Jan 2013

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 22-Jan-13 12:59 PM
5907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

Yes, I use it. It is very easy to use and does a good job. Just read the directions once so you know how to set it up. After that, it's pretty simple.

The SU-800 is also handy for controlling other Nikon Speedlights in non-Macro work. The hardest thing to remember is to set the switch inside the SU-800 battery for normal vs macro mode (and then back again later).

I just did some shooting of butterflies at the Pacific Science Center using the R1C1 on a 105VR Nikkor.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

no1yak Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Aug 2006Tue 22-Jan-13 01:06 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue 22-Jan-13 01:08 PM by no1yak

Essex, GB

>Yes, I use it. It is very easy to use and does a good job.
>Just read the directions once so you know how to set it up.
>After that, it's pretty simple.
>
>The SU-800 is also handy for controlling other Nikon
>Speedlights in non-Macro work. The hardest thing to remember
>is to set the switch inside the SU-800 battery for normal vs
>macro mode (and then back again later).
>
>I just did some shooting of butterflies at the Pacific Science
>Center using the R1C1 on a 105VR Nikkor.
>
>
>Mick
>http://www.mickklassphoto.com
>or
>Visit
>my nikonians gallery>

>
>
>

Pete.

Essex England

no1yak Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Aug 2006Tue 22-Jan-13 01:12 PM
#3. "RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
In response to Reply # 2

Essex, GB

Thanks for the reply, can you tell me what batteries the kit uses?

Pete.

Essex England

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Tue 22-Jan-13 01:18 PM
5907 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
In response to Reply # 3

Tacoma, US

Each item uses 1 CR123.

It's tough to find good rechargeables in these (be careful, some of them are higher voltage and will fry the equipment).

Duracell Ultras seem to last a long time, though.

Mick
or

xrickx Registered since 17th Jul 2012Wed 23-Jan-13 07:54 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Jarales, US

I use 4 flashes attached to the ring and I use it as a ring flash when photographing models.

no1yak Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Aug 2006Fri 25-Jan-13 11:42 AM
#6. "RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
In response to Reply # 5

Essex, GB

Got the kit this morning and had a few practice shots. All shots with D4, 105mm micro @f16 15th sec,ISO 400 one flash on camera and the other hand held above the subject through the de fusser.

Pete.

Essex England

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 25-Jan-13 12:00 PM
#7. "RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
In response to Reply # 6

Tacoma, US

Looks like you got the hang of it!

Mick
or

no1yak Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Aug 2006Fri 25-Jan-13 12:14 PM
#8. "RE: Nikon R1C1 Lighting Kit"
In response to Reply # 7

Essex, GB

>Looks like you got the hang of it!
>
>Mick
>http://www.mickklassphoto.com
>or
>Visit
>my nikonians gallery>

Thank god for digital, If I was still on film it would cost a fortune in wasted shots.Not forgetting the time factor in waiting for prints to get back only to find that you have cocked-up.

Pete.

Essex England

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60607 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.