nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #606
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sigma EF-500 ST" Previous topic | Next topic
gandalf Basic MemberSun 18-Nov-01 12:27 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sigma EF-500 ST"

Hi folks!

Has anybody of you made experiences with this flash(although it is not a Nikon flash; but didn´t know where to post this question elsewhere)? I know the specifications of this speedlight, but wanted to know if anybody uses this speedlight in practice. Especially I would like to know, if you had any problems with the compability to all the Nikon flash functions (I´d like to use it on my F80).

Gandalf

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pjmckenna Basic MemberMon 19-Nov-01 02:52 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Sigma EF-500 ST"
In response to Reply # 0

Gandalf,
I do know that early versions of the 500-series flashes (ST or Super I can't remember) had problems with interfacing with the F65. I can't say anything about its compatability with other cameras.
Check groups.google.com for some first-hand experience.
-P.J.

Nikon_Freak Basic MemberTue 04-Dec-01 02:57 PM
1846 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: Sigma EF-500 ST"
In response to Reply # 0

Mt. Juliet, US

I did major research on the Sigma flashes. Most specifically the 500 Super. I actually talked to the Sigma rep here in my area about this flash. This was going to be the flash that I was going with for my F5. I decided against it because there are issues with the Balanced fill flash capabilities on the F5. Once I weighed the cost of the 500 Super vs. the cost of a (i think) grey market SB-28 that I got from www.deltainternational.com I went with the SB-28. In my oppinion the SB-28 was the better buy.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #606 Previous topic | Next topic