nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
photomia

MD, US
163 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
photomia Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2011
Sat 12-Jan-13 03:37 AM

I have 2 SB-800s and one SB-910. I shoot with a D700. Today I was trying to set up a studio shot (I'm new to this) using main, fill and background lights. I then discovered that the pop-up flash on my 700 would handle only two groups and since I wanted each light to be at a different power level, I was unable to use a 3-light set-up. Any suggestions on what external trigger I should use to handle 3 groups? Do I need an SU-800 or something else?

Also, for those who do studio portraiture, instead of umbrellas, would you suggest a soft box or Phototeck softlighter. I am currently working on business head shots, but also want to use this set-up for my grandchildren (when they decide to sit still!)

As always, thank you...

Pat

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Speedlights luckyphoto Gold Member
12th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Speedlights photomia Silver Member
12th Jan 2013
12th Jan 2013
     Reply message RE: Speedlights luckyphoto Gold Member
12th Jan 2013
12th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Speedlights HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources.
13th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Speedlights cliddell Silver Member
14th Jan 2013
     Reply message RE: Speedlights HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources.
14th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Speedlights JBS101 Silver Member
14th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Speedlights leebaylin Silver Member
15th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Speedlights JBS101 Silver Member
15th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: Speedlights sl33py Silver Member
16th Jan 2013

G