nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Quick help needed flash for small groups

wooster

UK
120 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wooster Registered since 02nd Nov 2011
Wed 09-Jan-13 10:36 PM

Hi folks. I've just been asked to take some pictures this weekend of a small family group ( two adults, 2 children ) in their own home. There is a reason why these need to be done this weekend and are particularly important to this family which I won't go into here. Suffice to say I want to make sure I do the very best I can for them.

I have D700 with 2 SB910s, a lastolite brolly and another 8in 1 brolly with pseudo softbox type cover which gives a reasonably diffuse light for one, but I've never tried for more people.

I feel reasonably confident of getting good shots of individuals but I'd appreciate some advice for shots in their home of the 4 of them. Ideally I'd like to take various styles but to have interesting lighting with some contrasty shadowy and some less so. I really just want to avoid the awful bright flat flashy look.

The main issue is how do I best use my gear to get the effects I want in the confines of a normal sized house?

I'd be really really grateful for any quick help you folks can give me here.

Thanks so much

Wooster

G