Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60465
View in linear mode

Subject: "Flash Bracket for D2x" Previous topic | Next topic
dminches Registered since 18th Jul 2004Sun 06-Jan-13 09:57 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Flash Bracket for D2x"

US

I have a D2x and an SB-800. I would like to keep the flash position constant while I turn the camera from landscape to portrait positions. Could someone recommend a bracket (or other solution) to do this?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Flash Bracket for D2x
Luke_Miller Silver Member
07th Jan 2013
dminches
07th Jan 2013
ctadin Silver Member
07th Jan 2013
dminches
07th Jan 2013
ctadin Silver Member
07th Jan 2013
Luke_Miller Silver Member
07th Jan 2013
barrywesthead Silver Member
07th Jan 2013

Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006Mon 07-Jan-13 02:11 PM
1515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Flash Bracket for D2x"
In response to Reply # 0

Rural Virginia, US

Here is what I use. Tried others but like this one the best.

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=B87-QR-PPP&type=3&eq=&desc=B87-QR-Portrait-Perfect-Package

Requires an Arca-Swiss camera plate or L-Plate (preferred) so is a bit of an investment. Well worth it IMO.

Places We Have Been

www.peppermill-multimedia.com

dminches Registered since 18th Jul 2004Mon 07-Jan-13 02:20 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Flash Bracket for D2x"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Luke.

Is this the correct bracket?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=723386&is=REG&Q=&A=details

So this is about a $600 total cost?

ctadin Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2008Mon 07-Jan-13 03:10 PM
996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Flash Bracket for D2x"
In response to Reply # 2

St Louis, US

If you go with Really Right Stuff, you can buy their L plate which is specific to your camera model.
I've never used the L plate from B&H that you provided the link for because I only use Really Right Stuff.
As Luke said, it's an investment, but I believe it's a one time investment.

Cheryl

dminches Registered since 18th Jul 2004Mon 07-Jan-13 03:34 PM
#4. "RE: Flash Bracket for D2x"
In response to Reply # 3

US

It looks exactly like what I am looking for. I wrote to them to find out what bracket I need.

Thanks.

ctadin Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2008Mon 07-Jan-13 03:55 PM
996 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Flash Bracket for D2x"
In response to Reply # 4

St Louis, US

They have great customer service whether it's by email or by phone. And they stand behind all of their products.

Cheryl

Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006Mon 07-Jan-13 05:29 PM
1515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Flash Bracket for D2x"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon 07-Jan-13 05:30 PM by Luke_Miller

Rural Virginia, US

>Is this the correct bracket?

Like Cheryl I prefer a body-specific L-plate or camera plate. That way you don't have to worry about it twisting on the body.

Places We Have Been

www.peppermill-multimedia.com

barrywesthead Silver Member Awareded for his continued support of the Nikonians community, freely sharing his expertise, particularly in the areas of digital post processing and printing. Nikonian since 07th Nov 2006Mon 07-Jan-13 09:31 PM
1254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Flash Bracket for D2x"
In response to Reply # 0

Kleinburg, CA

I used several with the D2X. This was the one I preferred. The universal plate that comes with it is fine for the D2Xs.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/478303-REG/Custom_Brackets_DIGITALPROMK_Digital_PRO_M_Camera_Rotating.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

Barry
http://art2printimages.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60465 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.