Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60462
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear curtain sync with SB-26." Previous topic | Next topic
LightMeter Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2011Sat 05-Jan-13 11:59 PM
859 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Rear curtain sync with SB-26."

Houston, Texas, US

I see this flash has the normal/rear switch. Can rear sync be achieved with any camera body or just certain models?

Bill

D7100 D300, F4e, N90s, N6006, N2000, N6000, N5005, black F2 eye level, chrome F2AS, black Nikomat FTN

So many cameras, so little time....

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Rear curtain sync with SB-26.
luckyphoto Silver Member
06th Jan 2013
LightMeter Silver Member
06th Jan 2013
luckyphoto Silver Member
07th Jan 2013
LightMeter Silver Member
07th Jan 2013
luckyphoto Silver Member
07th Jan 2013

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Sun 06-Jan-13 12:41 PM
773 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Rear curtain sync with SB-26."
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

On page 105 of the SB-26 manual it lists compatibility with the older Nikon SLR models. All the Nikon DSLRs since the D1 appear to have rear sync capabilities, while some of the point and shoot cameras such as the older CoolPix CP5000 do not.

Rear curtain sync (or slow sync), red eye reduction, front curtain synch capabilities are considered must-have features on the better digital cameras to be competitive in today's market.

If you have a specific SB-26 compatibility question I'm sure someone on the forum can provide an answer.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

LightMeter Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2011Sun 06-Jan-13 02:08 PM
859 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Rear curtain sync with SB-26."
In response to Reply # 1

Houston, Texas, US

I'm wondering if it will do rear sync with manual focus bodies. I read the manual, but sometimes an item will do something that's not mentioned in the manual. Maybe the Magic Lantern Guide will specify?

Bill

D7100 D300, F4e, N90s, N6006, N2000, N6000, N5005, black F2 eye level, chrome F2AS, black Nikomat FTN

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Mon 07-Jan-13 02:22 PM
773 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Rear curtain sync with SB-26."
In response to Reply # 2

Port Charlotte, US

Hi Bill,
Please list the specific equipment you're interested in. Using a term like "manual focus bodies" is too general.

I'm sure you can get more detailed and useful answers.

Thanks,

Larry

LightMeter Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Oct 2011Mon 07-Jan-13 02:32 PM
#4. "RE: Rear curtain sync with SB-26."
In response to Reply # 3

Houston, Texas, US

Well, that would include the bodies I have or plan on having in the future-D300, F2, N6006, N6000, FM2N, N2000, N2020, F3, F4, F100, FM3A......

Bill

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Mon 07-Jan-13 09:25 PM
#5. "RE: Rear curtain sync with SB-26."
In response to Reply # 4

Port Charlotte, US

Based on the potential number of cameras you are curious about it would be best if you did your own research from here forward. I tried to help by pointing out the chart and covering the "D" series of cameras. Here are a couple of additions to the list you provided.

FM2 and FM3a - no
F100 - yes

Regarding the "or plan to have in the future", find the manual of the camera you are thinking about getting online, look up the flash modes and see if rear curtain synch is listed. If not, you're probably out of luck. Some manufacturers also use the term "slow synch".

Larry

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60462 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.