nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fong Dome will not fit SB900 - is it time for the knife?

William Symonds

Bogor, ID
1559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
William Symonds Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007
Thu 20-Dec-12 09:38 AM | edited Thu 20-Dec-12 09:50 AM by William Symonds

Santa just bought a mint SB900 for just over 200 bucks. a friend picked up an identical twin. It seems that we have terrific bargains thanks to some more misguided soul trading the strobes plus D800, D600, three pro 1.4 G lenses and MBs all seemingly in unused condition, all on a mission to the dark side.

Santa also picked up the MBD14 . Sadly the 24mm f/1.4 and 35mm f/1.4 did not get financial approval from local Santa Claus management, and I have a 85mm f/1.4.

So, come next week I will be very happy as my SB800 is getting old and the terminals are crusty, and I like the SB900 buttons and interface, and now I have a two flashes and can do some more creative lighting.

the SB900 will become my goto everyday strobe. Trouble is my Fong Dome, which is a snug fit with the SB800, will not fit the SB900, and I am reluctant to buy another overpricedcpiece of plastic. I am thinking I could cut it to fit, but it may eventually wreck the dome, and it may be better to keep it for the SB800. Has anyone had any joy or otherwise in applying surgery to fix this problem?

Thanks and Happy Xmas to all those celebrating, and happy 2013 to everyone....

W i l l

Nikonian in Bogor, West Java
www.willsymonds.com
www.willsymonds.blogspot.com
http://www.nikonians-images.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=123586

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fong Dome will not fit SB900 - is it time for the k...

G