nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Photographing people in the snow with fill-flash

Kropotkin

Bicester, UK
71 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Kropotkin Registered since 02nd Dec 2012
Fri 14-Dec-12 10:16 PM

Hi

I have a gig coming up where I may have to photograph people standing next to an ice-rink. The ice-rink may have a covering of snow. In any event it will be pretty white.

So. I am expecting my subjects to be underexposed if the camera meters for the overall scene.

So; I am thinking of using fill-flash. I am wondering if TTL or TTL-BL would be best? I think TTL-BL as this is outside. Is this right? Does anyone have any tips/advice - things to watch out for for example?

Thanks

--Justin Wyllie

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Photographing people in the snow with fill-flash NenBikonian
15th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Photographing people in the snow with fill-flash Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography
15th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Photographing people in the snow with fill-flash Kropotkin
15th Dec 2012
     Reply message RE: Photographing people in the snow with fill-flash Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography
15th Dec 2012
     Reply message RE: Photographing people in the snow with fill-flash Kropotkin
15th Dec 2012
     Reply message RE: Photographing people in the snow with fill-flash Chris Platt Silver Member
15th Dec 2012
15th Dec 2012
               Reply message RE: Photographing people in the snow with fill-flash Chris Platt Silver Member
15th Dec 2012

G