Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60203
View in linear mode

Subject: "CR123A rechargeable a viable option?" Previous topic | Next topic
glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Fri 14-Dec-12 03:39 AM
2819 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CR123A rechargeable a viable option?"
Sat 15-Dec-12 11:23 PM by Asgard

South Australia, AU

Hi Guys,
On a recent trip away, my first set of CR123A batteries went flat in the two SB R200's
Naturally, I had a back-up set,
Thought it would be a good time to check on prices, to my shock, the local store was selling them for about $10 each!
I guess cheaper prices could be sought but wondered if any here have changed over to rechargeable batteries for their SB R200's and SU 800?
Regards,
Gary

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

I have a photographic memory but never got it developed!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Nitehawk5169 Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2010Sat 15-Dec-12 08:01 AM
346 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CR123A rechargeable a viable option?"
In response to Reply # 0

Williamstown, US

Hi Gary,

I interpret from your question that you have (or were) using throwaways. If so, you will spend a small fortune on batteries. I originally purchased Delkin Devices eFilm RCR123A batteries for my (4) SB200, SU800, and my Sekonic L358. I also picked up, from Delkin, two rechargers that will recharge one battery each. In an earlier post, "CR123A Question", Marty, Mick, and Scott gave some valuable information that I went with and ordered from Battery Junction. I ordered four more RCR123A batteries with a charger that will charge two batteries simultaneously and they also had plastic holders for the batteries that would protect them from being shorted out. I ordered three of these because I now have 12 of these batteries. The cost, including shipping, was about $42. Considering the number of recharges I should get as opposed to the "Copper Top" throwaways should make it much cheaper in the long term. The two sites you could look at are: BatteryJunction.Com and Delkin.Com. I hope this helps.

Mike

glxman Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008Sat 15-Dec-12 11:23 AM
2819 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CR123A rechargeable a viable option?"
In response to Reply # 1

South Australia, AU

Appreciate your reply Mike,
Yes I have been using "throwaways", although the r1c1 kit was second hand, I bought it off a friend and it was hardly used, perhaps once or twice and came with 6 Kodak CR123A throwaways

many thanks for the links,
Regards,
Gary

My Nikonians Gallery

I have a photographic memory but never got it developed!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60203 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.