Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60030
View in linear mode

Subject: "Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)" Previous topic | Next topic
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberMon 03-Dec-12 12:10 AM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"

Rancho Cordova, US

This is a friendly warning/alert!

I just came home with my first I-TTL flash, an SB-910.

I will be having questions. That is all, for now.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)
John Bertotti Silver Member
03rd Dec 2012
gbowen Gold Member
03rd Dec 2012
avm247 Moderator
03rd Dec 2012
gbowen Gold Member
03rd Dec 2012
avm247 Moderator
03rd Dec 2012
gbowen Gold Member
03rd Dec 2012
MEMcD Moderator
06th Dec 2012
06th Dec 2012
gbowen Gold Member
06th Dec 2012
Doubleb
07th Dec 2012
07th Dec 2012
gbowen Gold Member
07th Dec 2012
archivue Gold Member
08th Dec 2012
DinoCardelli
08th Dec 2012
08th Dec 2012

John Bertotti Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2012Mon 03-Dec-12 12:16 AM
633 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 0

Garretson, US

I just got mine a couple weeks ago! Having a ball with it so far, but for an additional warning, I am having so much fun I want more of them! Later Bertotti

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Mar 2011Mon 03-Dec-12 12:43 AM
1111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 0

Canton, US

Those critters are worse than rabbits! They breed like crazy! Just ask HBB. He'll tell you. I have witnessed it myself. An Sb 600, 700, and a 900, plus an SU 800 call my camera bag home now. No doubt more coming in the future.

Just don't get them wet or feed them after midnight!

George

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberMon 03-Dec-12 12:52 AM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 2

Rancho Cordova, US

Just don't get them wet or feed them after midnight!

LOL! Yeah, I can see that happening!

(Thinking I may have to sell an SB28...I wonder what they are selling for these days.)

Anthony

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Mar 2011Mon 03-Dec-12 01:31 AM
1111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 3

Canton, US

I've seen them on EBay going for around $50-100, depending on the condition of the flash. You might look at KEH and see what they are selling them for to get an idea.

George

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberMon 03-Dec-12 05:27 AM
#5. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 4

Rancho Cordova, US

I just checked eBay and KEH. Now to see if I have a manual for my 2nd SB28 and I need to locate the the SS28 case. I think I will sell it.

Anthony

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Mar 2011Mon 03-Dec-12 09:24 AM
#6. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 5

Canton, US

Yup, you are officially HOOKED! Welcome to the club!

George

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 06-Dec-12 07:02 AM
25926 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Congratulations, Anthony.
Enjoy!

Best Regards,
Marty

John Bertotti Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2012Thu 06-Dec-12 07:52 AM
633 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 7

Garretson, US

Is there any benefit to having different speed lights? Some people have an entire range from sb600 through every iteration up to a sb910.

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Mar 2011Thu 06-Dec-12 03:45 PM
#9. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 8

Canton, US

With me it was just a progression thing. My SB-600 was my first, then I picked up an SB-700, then got a decent deal on a used SB-900. Funny how it worked out. Now I am thinking of an SB-800 to fill in the gap lol.

George

Doubleb Registered since 22nd Nov 2010Fri 07-Dec-12 01:53 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 9

Amsterdam, US

started with the little 400 but then acquired a pair of 800's... thinking about another 800 or maybe a SU.

John Bertotti Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2012Fri 07-Dec-12 02:13 PM
#11. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 8

Garretson, US

So you all are just moving up to more powerful units? Any reason not to add another SB910 if you all ready have one? Seems it gives a bit more versatility just in added power. Thanks Bertotti

Patiently waiting to see some of Anthony's flash shots!

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Mar 2011Fri 07-Dec-12 02:18 PM
#12. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 11

Canton, US

You can always dial down the power, so I would go for another. You can't get more power out of a flash than it is rated for. Really just a matter of how much you can spend. The only other reason not to get one is if you need a smaller flash unit to carry around.

George

archivue Gold Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2002Sat 08-Dec-12 08:22 AM
5471 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 0

Paris, FR

Ah, great move...
I have the SB 900 and it's a real pleasure trip after all those flashes I've used before ! Though I've yet to get to master it completely

Jacques

"Un photographe, finalement, c'est quelqu'un comme les autres, mais qui prend des photos." - Man Ray
My Gallery...
My Other Gallery...

DinoCardelli Registered since 19th Oct 2010Sat 08-Dec-12 12:38 PM
236 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 13

Plantation, US

Pick up the video on CLS...it goes through all the aspects of using the speed lights..

that being said, look at getting the PW's...once you go to two strobes...which you will get soon....having the ability to manage your lights...is a very nice to have..

You can do it in CLS...but, you must be in line of sight...

Soon, the NAS will take over, but, with what i call LAS - Lastolite Acquisition Syndrome..

Lastolite has some very nice and $$$ softboxes, but, they are great stuff...as well, they have some very nice videos on how to incorprate their products into your shooting...

The little $90 flash box for travelling is sweet..spreads out the light well...folds into a small pouch...

For the larger ones, Lastolite sells a nice 24x24 which does a nice job dispursing the flash, as well, they have a large octabox and even strip boxes...

There are many others...for far cheaper, but, I found the Lastolites to be good quality..but, a a premium price....

dc

Visit my professional gallery.

John Bertotti Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2012Sat 08-Dec-12 01:48 PM
#15. "RE: Warning! Alert! Danger! Danger! :)"
In response to Reply # 14

Garretson, US

I don't know about the rest of the guys but at the moment I just use the diffuse that came with the 910. I would love to get that Gary Fong Lightsphere and power snoot! Now I abbé to google the diffusers you mentioned, I sure hope I hate them! later Bertotti

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60030 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.