nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
John Bertotti

Garretson, US
766 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
John Bertotti Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2012
Mon 26-Nov-12 07:50 PM

I have only the most basic understanding of flash sync. My D3200 is limited to 1/200 or slower. Now why can't I go faster? Does the flash take that long to fire? I figure this sync speed is only limited in some auto mode, going manual should allow faster shutter speeds. I am not real hung up over going faster because it seems lately all my shooting has been in the 1/50 th range. I'm just curious as to the whys and limits. Would the nikon book linked above be a good resource for a flash newb?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Flash sync or not? avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
26th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Flash sync or not? John Bertotti Gold Member
26th Nov 2012
     Reply message RE: Flash sync or not? avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Flash sync or not? Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography
27th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Flash sync or not? John Bertotti Gold Member
27th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Flash sync or not? MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
29th Nov 2012

G