Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59858
View in linear mode

Subject: "How can I turn off pre-flashes on my SB-700?" Previous topic | Next topic
kellyringphotos Registered since 08th Nov 2012Tue 20-Nov-12 01:22 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"How can I turn off pre-flashes on my SB-700?"

US

I'm using an SB-700 with my D800 and I can't find any information about how to turn off the pre-flashes?
I want to photograph kids, they move quick. I need rapid fire flashes.
Please help!
Thanks!!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Tue 20-Nov-12 01:31 PM
3630 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: How can I turn off pre-flashes on my SB-700?"
In response to Reply # 0

Farmington Hills, US

The only way to turn of preflashes is to use the SB in manual mode. The preflashes are used to set the flash exposure in TTL mode. These preflashes are just before exposure and to me do not create a noticable delay.

If you have preflashes that cause a noticeable delay before exposure, you probably have red-eye reduction set for the flash. Set your flash mode to front curtain sync to elimination the red-eye step (p.183 in the English manual).

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

kellyringphotos Registered since 08th Nov 2012Tue 20-Nov-12 03:16 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: How can I turn off pre-flashes on my SB-700?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

That worked!!!

Thank you so much for your prompt response!

Very helpful!

Thanks again!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59858 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.