Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59764
View in linear mode

Subject: "R1C1 Question" Previous topic | Next topic
Tropic Lightning Registered since 09th Oct 2009Sat 10-Nov-12 01:51 AM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"R1C1 Question"

Midlothian, US

Hello Gang,

I have the R1C1 with 5 Sr-200's. I have tried to shoot pictures with the 200's in many different positions all has bee fine except when the 200's block the IR transmitter of SU-800 commander. Will the Sc-28 or Sc-29 cables work with the SU-800? I placed my SB-900 in the hot shoe and the 200's blocked the transmitter as well.

Thanks,
Timothy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

I am a super hero, I can control light and freeze time.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: R1C1 Question
gbowen Gold Member
10th Nov 2012
gbowen Gold Member
10th Nov 2012
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
17th Nov 2012
gbowen Gold Member
18th Nov 2012
Tropic Lightning
17th Nov 2012
gbowen Gold Member
17th Nov 2012

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2011Sat 10-Nov-12 03:26 PM
1111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: R1C1 Question"
In response to Reply # 0

Canton, US

I assume you have the R200s on the ring around the lens? Yes, the SC28 will work with the Su800. Also with the SB900. You can mount the SU800 or the 900 on a bracket attached to your camera, or on a nearby light stand. You'll be limited by the length of the cord of course. I am toying with a setup using the foot that comes with the SB900. I'll take a photo of the setup I made.

George

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2011Sat 10-Nov-12 03:42 PM
1111 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: R1C1 Question"
In response to Reply # 1

Canton, US

Here's my little home made setup. Just had to do a little drilling and cutting. Works great!

George

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Sat 17-Nov-12 10:54 PM
26843 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: R1C1 Question"
In response to Reply # 2

Richmond, US

And I take it that you shot those nice closeups with the macro flash setup?

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2011Sun 18-Nov-12 07:26 PM
#6. "RE: R1C1 Question"
In response to Reply # 5

Canton, US

>And I take it that you shot those nice closeups with the
>macro flash setup?

Yep, well part of it lol.

George

Tropic Lightning Registered since 09th Oct 2009Sat 17-Nov-12 08:48 AM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: R1C1 Question"
In response to Reply # 0

Midlothian, US

The cord arrived today. I tested the system and it works. Thanks gang.

I am a super hero, I can control light and freeze time.

gbowen Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Apr 2011Sat 17-Nov-12 12:46 PM
#4. "RE: R1C1 Question"
In response to Reply # 3

Canton, US

Sweet. I ordered an SU-800. Had one before and loved it. Can't wait to get my setup going!

George

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59764 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.