Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59569
View in linear mode

Subject: "R1C1 Qustion" Previous topic | Next topic
Tropic Lightning Registered since 09th Oct 2009Fri 19-Oct-12 02:09 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"R1C1 Qustion"

Midlothian, US

I recently picked up a R1 to go with my su-800 commander, I like off camera flash. My question is I would like to get more SB-R200's, they seem to be in very short supply. Is this a glitch in the system or is this the old supply and demand at work. I looked on Ebay and the only ones available are from Japan for nearly 300 dollars with shipping, that is twice the domestic price of 159.00.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

I am a super hero, I can control light and freeze time.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: R1C1 Qustion
MEMcD Moderator
20th Oct 2012
Nitehawk5169 Gold Member
20th Oct 2012
Tropic Lightning
20th Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
20th Oct 2012
Tropic Lightning
20th Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
20th Oct 2012
fisherd80fun Silver Member
20th Oct 2012

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 20-Oct-12 02:45 AM
25562 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: R1C1 Qustion"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Tim,

I suspect that since the demand for SB-R200's is significantly less than the demand for the other Speedlights they are most likely built in batches like the top tier Nikkor lenses.
I am sure once they start producing the next batch they will be in the supply chain shortly after and available everywhere again.
Just be patient.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Nitehawk5169 Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2010Sat 20-Oct-12 02:02 PM
346 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: R1C1 Qustion"
In response to Reply # 0

Williamstown, US

Hi Tim,

As Marty explained it is probably a case of supply has to catch up to demand. I noticed that B&H has them on backorder but the R1C1 kit is available. I had bought the R1C1 kit from B&H a couple of years ago and then ordered two more SB-R200s about 6 months later. At that time they had them in stock and I had no problem getting them. I was lucky because when I decide I want something it turns immediately into I "NEED" something! To get a feel for the situation I would call around to B&H and other distributors and see what kind of queue you can expect but continue to check eBay. Your other alternative, which may provide better results, is to check your local high end camera store. I have obtained a lot of Nikon gear from B&H but started to use Allen's Camera in PA when I picked up the latest TC-20 when they had it in stock and B&H did not. I also got my D4 months before I would have seen one from B&H. Sometimes "BIG" is not better. Good luck.

Mike

Tropic Lightning Registered since 09th Oct 2009Sat 20-Oct-12 04:02 PM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: R1C1 Qustion"
In response to Reply # 2

Midlothian, US

Marty and Mike,

Thanks for the replies. I am also, if I want it I need it now kind of guy. I am headed out to my local camera store as we speak. The problem here is Wolf Camera is closing so there is only one camera store in the area. Thanks for the advice.

Tim

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 20-Oct-12 04:18 PM
25562 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: R1C1 Qustion"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hi Tim,

I have been to two local Wolf camera locations about 60 miles apart and the shelves were empty with the exception of a few batteries for Coolpix cameras.
You might want to check Berger Bros. (800)542-8811 ( www.berger-bros.com ), they appear to have the SB-R200 in stock.
Good Luck on your search.

Best Regards,
Marty

Tropic Lightning Registered since 09th Oct 2009Sat 20-Oct-12 06:07 PM
#5. "RE: R1C1 Qustion"
In response to Reply # 4

Midlothian, US

Hey Marty,

Thanks a million. I ordered 2 sb-r200's. Free shipping.

Tim

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 20-Oct-12 11:13 PM
#6. "RE: R1C1 Qustion"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Hi Tim,

Great!
Berger Bros. has outstanding service.

Best Regards,
Marty

fisherd80fun Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2009Sat 20-Oct-12 11:49 PM
467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: R1C1 Qustion"
In response to Reply # 5

Essex, US

Thanks Marty for asking this question, and thanks for the answer Tim......I just ordered one too!!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59569 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.