Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59566
View in linear mode

Subject: "Aftermarket flashgun" Previous topic | Next topic
Vsteelrider Registered since 13th Oct 2012Thu 18-Oct-12 06:50 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Aftermarket flashgun"

GB

Can any of you guys recommend a ttl flashgun as a cheaper but affective alternative to an original nikon branded unit.
Thinking around £100 price range.
Obviously it would need to be an improvement on the built in pop up unit.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Aftermarket flashgun
blw Moderator
19th Oct 2012
jnovember Silver Member
19th Oct 2012
Vsteelrider
19th Oct 2012
MEMcD Moderator
20th Oct 2012
Vsteelrider
20th Oct 2012
iunlock Silver Member
27th Oct 2012

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Fri 19-Oct-12 04:05 AM
26563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Aftermarket flashgun"
In response to Reply # 0

Richmond, US

I'd go for the Sigma EF-610, the non-super version. Pretty much an SB-700 less the commander and slave functionality, but half the price. It is a BIG improvement over the popup. Supposedly the Nissim ones are in the same category.

I'd stay away from the Yonghuo ones, as I can't remember which are the good ones and which are not.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

jnovember Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Mar 2009Fri 19-Oct-12 11:21 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Aftermarket flashgun"
In response to Reply # 0

Gillette, US

Nissin DI866

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Vsteelrider Registered since 13th Oct 2012Fri 19-Oct-12 06:36 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Aftermarket flashgun"
In response to Reply # 2

GB

Thanks Guys
Decided on the Nissin DI622 Mk II
Within my £100 budget, and reviews look excellent
Many Thanks for your advise and is anyone using one of these on there D7000
Sorry Mods for posting in the wrong section and thanks for moving it for me.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sat 20-Oct-12 02:51 AM
25643 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Aftermarket flashgun"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hi Angelo,

Let us know how well the Nissin DI622 Mk II works for you.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Vsteelrider Registered since 13th Oct 2012Sat 20-Oct-12 10:19 AM
#5. "RE: Aftermarket flashgun"
In response to Reply # 4

GB

A quick word of warning !!
The Nissin DI 622 is still available in the older version and sometimes reffered to as the Mk1.
If you own a D7000 as I do, its important that you go for the Mk11 version, which works with the iTTL.
The older units are NOT compatible with the D7000.
Other than that looks like a very good bang for the buck deal.

iunlock Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Jan 2012Sat 27-Oct-12 12:54 AM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Aftermarket flashgun"
In response to Reply # 2

New Iberia, US

I'm looking at this Nissin DI866. Does this flash support receivers for off camera shooting?

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59566 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.