nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

'Gary Fong LSUCLOUD Lightsphere Universal Cloud' by Gary Fong

jesse101

Great Falls, US
578 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jesse101 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Dec 2011
Thu 11-Oct-12 04:24 PM

I just purchased the Gary Fong LSUCLOUD Lightsphere Universal Cloud. It says that it is universal, and looking at some youtube videos, it seems to work really well for events, such as retirements.

I saw the review at the home page, but i was wondering has anybody used this one in particular? I noticed they had all sorts of attachments, models and so on, i just figured i would get the cloud for a softer effect, but it wasnt too clear as to what exactly comes with. I ended up paying 37 dollars, which to me isnt a lot of money to invest in something that could potentially work and work well.

I saw a demonstration on they had this attached to a normal speedlight, such as a SB900, angled the light straight up and off to the side, so it can help eliminate the use of a bracket. to me, it seems like you will cut your distance in half considering you are using the light source that is filled off to the side, rather than direct.

I guess i could wait till it gets here and play around with it a bit, but i am still wondering what others (that have far more experience than i) have experienced using this diffuser. As always, any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Jesse

My Gallery:

http://jessemartinez.zenfolio.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G