nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

PW Flex TT5 & Mini TT1 - help

guyparker

Rugby, UK
953 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
guyparker Registered since 21st Dec 2005
Wed 10-Oct-12 09:06 AM

I currently use Elinchrom skyport radio triggers, but am considering moving to the PW system as above because I want to be able to adjust the power of each speedlight from the camera. However, this alone isn't enough to make me want to spend £500.

I'd like to know if you can use this set up in manual mode still, or is it literally just for TTL? If you can use it with speedlights in manual mode, can you still adjust the power of the speedlights from your camera?

Finally, I've read a little bit about Hypersync, but don't really understand if this will work with the above and my D700. This is a feature I'd really like to have, so if it is easy to work and performs well this would make the upgrade worthwhile.

If I can use in TTL and manual mode and control the power of the speedights AND use this hypersync mode I will take the plunge.

Will the above setup give me everything that PWIII will, plus the TTL facility? or are there things that PWIII give you that the above set up doesn't?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: PW Flex TT5 & Mini TT1 - help hujiie Silver Member
10th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: PW Flex TT5 & Mini TT1 - help guyparker
11th Oct 2012
11th Oct 2012
          Reply message RE: PW Flex TT5 & Mini TT1 - help guyparker
11th Oct 2012
11th Oct 2012
                    Reply message RE: PW Flex TT5 & Mini TT1 - help wkilburg
18th Oct 2012
                         Reply message RE: PW Flex TT5 & Mini TT1 - help wkilburg
18th Oct 2012

G