Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #595
View in linear mode

Subject: "sb26 with f5 ok?" Previous topic | Next topic
robertadeniro Basic MemberTue 13-Nov-01 03:01 PM
613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"sb26 with f5 ok?"

IL

hello to all,

i have an option of purchasing an f5 with an sb28. anybody who has this camera and used both the sb28 and 26 can tell me what's missing in the 26 that the 28 has?

i've only used 28's till now.
http://www.nikonlinks.com/unklbil/speedlights.htm
doesn't list some features working with the sb26 like it did for the 28. just worried i won't get in a rut .i'm trying to keep my equipment similar so when i do my wedding pics i don't have problems remmbering the differences between them.

thanks in advance

The body cannot live without the mind.

WAKE UP NIKON!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jjussi Basic MemberTue 13-Nov-01 05:34 PM
367 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: sb26 with f5 ok?"
In response to Reply # 0

KLAUKKALA, FI

>what's missing in the 26
>that the 28 has?

Actually it's other way round... 26 have all what 28 have + it works as slave (2 different slave modes)..

--
© Jussi Jääskeläinen from Finland
All picture what are posted to www.nikonians.org

© Jussi Jääskeläinen from Finland
All photos posted to nikonians

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberWed 14-Nov-01 03:34 AM
34754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: sb26 with f5 ok?"
In response to Reply # 1

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Furthermore, the body can live without the mind but it is called comma. (Just kidding; today I had a couple of great successes at work)
Have a great time
JRP (Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) My profile, My Gallery
Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians: A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

robertadeniro Basic MemberThu 15-Nov-01 10:17 AM
613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: sb26 with f5 ok?"
In response to Reply # 2

IL

>Furthermore, the body can live without
>the mind but it is
>called comma. (Just kidding; today
>I had a couple of
>great successes at work)
>Have a great time
>JRP (Nikonian at
>the north-eastern Mexican desert) My
>profile>,
My Gallery
>Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians: A
>Brief Love Story>

well don't leave us out...speak up.

The body cannot live without the mind.

WAKE UP NIKON!

Quinn Basic MemberFri 16-Nov-01 04:12 AM
59 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: sb26 with f5 ok?"
In response to Reply # 0

Laurel, US

Ditto to what Jussi stated - it's the other way around.

IMHO, the SB-26 is a better light than the SB-28, mainly because of it's cordless (or corded) slave capailities. Further, it uses less battery power when the red-eye reduction is turned off (never needed w/ an F5 anyway). However, the SB-26 is a little bigger than the SB-28, but that doesn't bother me.

I have 3 SB-26 in use with my F5 and my N90s. Had 2, and a new SB-28. Didn't like the SB-28, turned it back in for a refund and bought a used SB-26 instead (along w/ a used 24mm f/2.8).

I have always believed that Nikon discontinued the SB-26 and replaced it with the SB-28 in order to market the SU-4 slave trigger (which is the SB-26 circuitry in new packaging). This, of course, was to increase sales revenue.

Relax and enjoy the combination, if you get them.

Quinn
"There is no religion higher then Truth". - Helena Blavatsky.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #595 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.