nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

PocketWizard FlexTT5 and PlusIII - iTTL and manual together?

shawrf1

Camp Zama (US Army), JP
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
shawrf1 Registered since 08th Jan 2011
Fri 05-Oct-12 12:58 PM

I wanted to find out if it's possible to enact this iTTL on-camera and manual off-camera scenario for reception photography and, if so, what I'm doing wrong...

I just switched from Radiopoppers to PWs and would like to use my iTTL/SB900 on-camera, as well as a few manual-mode (Yongnuo YN560-II and SB600) speedlights off-camera. I have the FlexTT5 sandwiched between my SB900 and D700, with PlusIIIs are triggering the Yongnuos by PC cord/SB600 by hot-shoe adapter.

So... I can get the FlexTT5 to trigger the PlusIII/manual flashes while the SB900 is _off_ the FlexTT5. But, the second I mount the SB900 onto the FlexTT5's shoe, I can no longer trigger the Yonguos nor SB600 - the SB900 iTTL on-camera works fine.

After messing around with the PW Utility for some time, I am at a loss... any PW wizards out there that can help?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G