nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59469
View in linear mode

Subject: "PocketWizard FlexTT5 and PlusIII - iTTL and manual toge..." Previous topic | Next topic
shawrf1 Registered since 08th Jan 2011Fri 05-Oct-12 01:58 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"PocketWizard FlexTT5 and PlusIII - iTTL and manual together?"

Camp Zama (US Army), JP

I wanted to find out if it's possible to enact this iTTL on-camera and manual off-camera scenario for reception photography and, if so, what I'm doing wrong...

I just switched from Radiopoppers to PWs and would like to use my iTTL/SB900 on-camera, as well as a few manual-mode (Yongnuo YN560-II and SB600) speedlights off-camera. I have the FlexTT5 sandwiched between my SB900 and D700, with PlusIIIs are triggering the Yongnuos by PC cord/SB600 by hot-shoe adapter.

So... I can get the FlexTT5 to trigger the PlusIII/manual flashes while the SB900 is _off_ the FlexTT5. But, the second I mount the SB900 onto the FlexTT5's shoe, I can no longer trigger the Yonguos nor SB600 - the SB900 iTTL on-camera works fine.

After messing around with the PW Utility for some time, I am at a loss... any PW wizards out there that can help?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

shawrf1 Registered since 08th Jan 2011Fri 05-Oct-12 05:17 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: PocketWizard FlexTT5 and PlusIII - iTTL and manual together?"
In response to Reply # 0

Camp Zama (US Army), JP

+1 for PocketWizard customer service... the simple answer is:

SB900 must be on 'Master.' Doh. Penciling that one into the manual...

hujiie Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009Fri 05-Oct-12 05:30 PM
558 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: PocketWizard FlexTT5 and PlusIII - iTTL and manual together?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

The setting of SB900 on TT5 in hotshot of D700 needs to be Master (not Remote not On). The Master can be TTL or M to trigger on camera SB900 and zone A, B, C channel should be M mode to trigger remote with PW3 with legacy signal with PC codes and hotshoe code with SB600 All TT5 and PW3 need to have same legacy channel to trigger.

I have a similar set up and works fine.

On camera: D800E with TT5 and SB900. (Master mode: M- TTL, A- Manual, ---)
As remote, SB900 with PC cable attached to another TT5 (this is the same principal as use of PW3 and it uses legacy mode).

On camera TT5 communicate with both CLT and Legacy with CLT channel priority setting.

www.hitoshiujiie.com/photography.html

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59469 Previous topic | Next topic