nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Wingman

Kimberley, CA
1504 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Wingman Silver Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2002
Wed 26-Sep-12 10:28 PM

Yes, another battery question...

I am finding my battery use to be high enough these days that I'm finally going to invest in a rechargable system. In searching Nikonians I find lots of discussion leading me toward a Maha charger and Maha or Eneloop battries, but most posts are from several years ago.

So is Maha still the way to go? I'm looking at the MH-C801D or maybe 9000 chargers. I would like the 8 battery capacity, but is there any operational reason to consider the 9000 instead? Any other charger options to consider? (I'm fine with the price and size of the 801D if that is the best way to go).

How about batteries ( definitely the low discharge types as my usage is heavy but intermittent and I want to be able to just pull batteries out of the closet and go when necessary)? Immedion, Eneloop, or some other option I'm not aware of??

The Maha functions and manuals seem pretty complex -- can anyone point me toward a simple but comprehensive discussion of just how to use this thing?

Sorry to revisit these questions agin -- but any help or guidance will be much appreciated...

Neal Nurmi

---Wingman Photo---

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Maha and eneloop